I made an ABC Flip Book for Noah for his 1st Birthday. Living far away from family, it was important to me to include pictures of our families and things that Noah would easily recognize in his everyday life. It was tons of fun putting together.
I was out for a run this week thinking about what that abc book would look like for the Runner Me. Hey, your mind drifts a lot when you run. I don’t often run with music so my mind wanders off a bit. So I played a game with myself to name the first few things that popped in my head that begins with that letter.
A- Agility, Abs, Aspire, Aloof
- Running on trails improves my agility (leaping over rocks and rattlesnakes).
- Who doesn’t want strong abs??
- I aspire to be a strong and fast runner.
- I tend to zone out when I’m running and can become quite aloof.
B- Balance, Bacon, Barns and Bridges
- I continue to strive for a work, life, mom, runner balance.
- I always, always smell bacon on my Saturday morning runs (even on a remote trail). I think it is just wishful thinking.
- Barns and Bridges are my favorite thing to come across during a run.
C- Careen, Catapult, Course, Collapse – just so you know, I was running up and down a steep hill while I thought of these.
- I am going to catapult myself up this mountain only to careen out of control down the hill and collapse at the end of the course.
It made the time go by super quick. You have to do something when you have no music. Do you play any mental games when you are running?