Recently we followed Rule 1.52 Run Like a Dog. But this could really also be Run Like a Toddler, as well. And I have to admit, I don’t think I ever would’ve dared to do this prior to having a little one (they give us the excuse to look crazy without worrying what others think).
Here is the workout:
- Warm Up: Walk 8 seconds
- Trot 4 seconds.
- Stop. Sniff.
- Sprint 7 seconds.
- Walk 5 seconds in any direction other than forward.
- Pause. Stare for 9 seconds.
- Lunge at a rabbit.
- Double back, walk 3 seconds.
- Repeat six to eight times.
- Cooldown: Collapse on the rug.
The most fun part of the workout is when you sprint and then freeze. Big Fun, people! I promise you won’t regret it. Give this workout a go. If you are a little burned out with your training, having a bad day, a fussy toddler won’t let go of your leg- give this workout a try. I dare you not to smile while you’re doing it!
*Disclaimer: I don’t recommend using this in the place of a regular workout
On a training note, last night during our track workout I did not channel Stella’s speed, I was channeling sprinter Justin Gatlin (a former Tennessee boy). It was a good workout.
- Dynamic Stretching for warm up
- 4×100 strides
- 1600m at 6:50 (I did 6:52)
- 800m at 3:20 (I did 3:15)
- 2x400m at 1:35 (I did 1:35 and 1:32)
- 4x200m at :42 (I did :42, :44, :41, :39)
I like hitting my numbers!