Man, oh man, folks it has been a week! I felt every emotion imaginable this week (poor Jim and his manic wife). Everything finished up quite nicely though, if I do say so myself. You can see that post here.
Last Week’s Training Recap
Monday- I don’t know why I think I will be able to run during my lunch break on Mondays. That’s just silly. Running must be done early morning before the family wakes up or in the evening after the boys have been fed.
Tuesday- I was still plugging away at trying to launch the Virtual 5K/10K Your Way Run (go sign up, please) so my morning strength training fell through, but I rallied that afternoon with a trip to the gym with Jim before I headed off to track practice. I did really well and hit most of my goal splits. Super happy about that.
The Workout: 1600m @ 6:50 – 800m @ 3:20 – 2x400m @ 1:35 – 4x200m @ :42 with 1 minute only of rest between each.
My Workout: 1600m @ 6:52; 800m @ 3:15; 2x400m @ 1:32 and 1:35, 4×200 @ :42, :44, :41, :39 with a 1 mile cool down super slow afterwards.
Wednesday- Another really busy work day but not feeling like I’m getting anything accomplished. I was looking forward to an evening jog, but a fussy toddler was not liking that idea. So I was really looking forward now to going to the gym after he went to bed, but that little sucker just wouldn’t go to sleep and I was not that motivated to go to the gym at 11:00pm. Maybe Nina Machina, but not me.
Thursday- Up and at ‘em early for 9 miles at marathon goal pace (8:20) but managed to finish in 1:14 with an 8:10 pace. Sweet. I did need my music today for some extra motivation. <Forget what I said Jim, Wednesday night about giving up and not running the marathon. I didn’t mean it.> I also did a strength workout with my neighbor Jess in the backyard. Awesome!
Friday- Morning spin class with a great instructor. Fun! Hoped to make my favorite Yoga class that afternoon, but couldn’t make childcare arrangements. Oh well. Jim and I had an awesome date night that night!
Saturday- Bad ass long run with Nina Machina! 14 miles at 8:10 pace. Granted, this course was flat as a pancake but whatever. I needed the morale boost! I did get a little nauseous towards the end, but Nina gave me her pretzels and that did the trick. I need to remember that! That afternoon, we did a Barre Class at Core Power Yoga for leg and core strength. It’s tough. 2 days later and my calves are still tender.
Sunday- I did a morning hike with Noah and Stella to start the day off right. And then did an easy easy recovery jog with Stella Nutella in the evening. No watch just 5 miles enjoying the moment.
THIS WEEK’S TRAINING: Aug 27th – Sept 2
- Yoga 2 times this week.
- Strength training 2 times this week.
- Friday spin class, but if I can fit another one in somewhere that would be nice too.
- Speed Workout- whatever the coach has in store for The Columbines and The Divas
- Long Tempo Run (7-9 miles)
- 18 mile Long Run
- Run Laura @ Mommy Run Fast’s Virtual 5 or 10 mile Race. If you haven’t heard about it or have yet to sign up, do it!!! Super easy and great prizes!
I got my Diva’s Distance Running tech shirt in the mail. Love it!!!
- Time to Start Preparing (runningandcupcakes.com)
- Week 11: Half-marathon/marathon training update (fitgirlhappygirl.com)
- Twin Cities 2012 Marathon Training: Week 8 Recap (wewanderandponder.com)
- Denver to Detroit: Marathon Training Week 4 (kandjcolorado.wordpress.com)
- Denver to Detroit: Marathon Training Week 6 (kandjcolorado.wordpress.com)