I haven’t done one of these posts in a while and thought it could be fun. Plus, I’m feeling pretty random, so there you go.
1. Warmer temperatures. I know that I live in a place where it gets cold, but it doesn’t usually get that cold for that long. We didn’t see above single digits for a week. Plus, Colorado is sunny more than 300 days out of the year and I think we went more than 2 days in a row where I didn’t see the sun – not okay. This chick needs the vitamin D! So now with the warmer temps (in the 50s and sunny), Noah and I will venture on some new hikes while Jim is out of town. I still carry him in my back pack for longer hikes, but he can usually manage hiking up to 1 mile.
2. Running. Lately, it has been a beautiful thing because I have run for the pure enjoyment of it, not for a training plan.
3. Weelicious website. It helps give me ideas on what to feed Noah. Our favorites are Spinach Muffins and Pea Wee Kiwi Frozen Pops. Basically, if I can make it a muffin or turn it into a “popsicle”, the kid will eat it.
4. My job. It can be quite stressful pulling off big events successfully, but most of the time it is soooo worth it. The National Sports Center for the Disabled (NSCD) hosted 60 Military Service Men and Women this past Monday and it was an amazing day! We did Nordic Skiing, Snow Shoeing, Sled Hockey, The Biathlon, and Curling. It was sub zero degrees outside (no joke) but the sun was out and there were smiles on everyone’s faces. Staff, Participants, Therapists, Care Providers – everyone had a great day!
5. My little man. He’s so smart and chatty and funny. I love that he still seeks out my lap to read a story. I love that he runs around the kitchen pushing his lawnmower screaming like a crazy person. I love that he wants to be outside every chance he gets. He sees his parents living an active lifestyle and wants to partake in all things “OUTSIDE!!” (one of the first things he yells in the morning, after ‘I want to eat, momma.’). He’s so fun and each stage gets better and better!
Shout out to Amy for Half #6 this weekend at RnR Arizona!! I think you deserve one big plate of mashed potatoes after this one, lady!!!