Well, this wasn’t the week I had hoped for, but I made it through another week uninjured and pulling off more workout days than non workout days. So, I will take it.
Monday & Tuesday- sick and puny days (a little under the weather). It was all I could do to go to work and take care of Noah while Jim was away. I did manage about 15 minutes of Yoga each day on my own.
Wednesday- My legs were so rested by this point. Stella and I took off for 6 miles in 44:30 minutes (7:25 pace). It felt easy. Love those runs! Afterwards I went to a Yoga.
Thursday- I hit the trails for a late afternoon run for 5.4 miles in 46:31 (8:37 pace). Took it super easy. I was pretty sore from Yoga on Wednesday. I did work on some easy Yoga flows and stretching for 20 minutes. Noah and Stella like joining me sometimes for yoga, too.
That night, after Noah went to bed I went to the gym for some strength training.
- 500m in 2:35 minutes on rower / 1×15 Forward & Backward Lunges w/ 5lb
- 500m in 2:35 minutes on rower / 1×15 Push Ups & Bicycles
- 500m in 2:35 minutes on rower / 1×15 Bicep Curls & Hammer Curls w/7.5lb
Friday- I had to drag poor Noah with me into work for a couple of hours so I treated him to some fun at the Children’s Museum and the park afterwards. Love wearing that kid out!
That afternoon I managed a 4.09 miler in 33:32 (8:11 pace). I never got into the groove for this one. I just didn’t feel good. But at least I got a run.
Saturday- This day happened and I hope it doesn’t happen again. No run occurred. No workouts of any kind. Let’s just forget this day ever happened. MmmK!
Sunday- A new day. A new attitude. Plus, brunch with some girlfriends can always brighten my day!! We went to Panzano’s! It’s on 17th and Champa. So great! We ordered the Brussels Sprouts for an appetizer – not a typical appetizer but if you go here, you must, you must. Fried brussels sprouts in an apple cider reduction with pistachios and sliced green apple. Oh my word!!! I ordered the Smoked Salmon Flatbread. So, so yummy! Next month we are going to Sloan’s Bar & Grill near Sloan’s Lake. That afternoon I had to work an event for a little while but I did make it home in time for dinner and puzzles with the little man before heading off to my favorite Candlelight Hot Power Fusion Yoga class.
This Week’s Goals:
- finish up the month with 100 miles (I’m at 86 – I only had 15 miles last week so I am a little behind- eek!) I can do it!
- 2-3 strength sessions at the gym
- continue to practice Yoga every day
- set up my bike trainer at home – it’s very sheik and goes with everything Good thing I have a husband who could care less about that stuff.
- don’t break anything while skiing this week – it’s been 2 years, at least since I last skied.
Do you find it weird that Bloody Mary’s and fried brussels sprouts might have been the highlight of my week?